This is such an universal truth! Yes, sometimes you do get what you wish for, if you wish hard enough, if you believe it is yours already. But with certain things you just need to wish and work hard for what you want. And having beautiful skin is one of those. You simply can’t just sit there and wish for your skin to suddenly become beautiful, toned, supple and whatever else you’d like it to be. It takes the right daily care and the right (meaning natural and actually working) products. And one of those I will be talking about today. BODY OIL!
I know what you might be thinking. Oil? That is going to make my skin greasy and leave stains everywhere, right? Well, not quite. Not this formula. I have been making this one for a while now and not only that it made my skin look and feel much better altogether but I have also noticed a significant improvement in the up-to-now-dry skin on my elbows. It isn’t that dry anymore. It is actually beginning to feel like the skin on the rest of my body.
Now, I need to give credit where credit is due. It is not my formula. It comes from the website I have been using a lot for ideas, inspiration, recipes and ingredients (for those of you who are UK based). Aromantic! And the body oil recipe can be found here. The only change I do sometimes is swapping the essential oils from the recipe to sandalwood essential oil, 20 drops.
Now, let’s look at the individual ingredients to see what benefits they provide.
- Eco silk makes the body oil feel less greasy.
- Oat oil is quickly absorbed by the skin which also helps to make the texture of the body oil less greasy. It locks in moisture in the skin, it’s rich in vitamin E and Linoleic acid which help to maintain the skin natural balance. It’s also ceramide rich which also helps to absorb and retain moisture in the skin.
- Apricot kernel oil is high in vitamin A. It’s good for dry, irritated and prematurely aged skin. It also has great moisturising and softening properties.
- Castor oil has many benefits: heals inflammation, helps to reduce acne, moisturises the skin, reduces blemishes and pigmentation, prevents stretch marks and fights signs of aging.
- Broccoli seed oil has a light consistency therefore reduces greasiness of the body oil and is softening and hydrating.
- Vitamin E oil has healing and skin cell stimulant properties. It is an antioxidant – protects the skin from free radicals.
As you can see this body oil formula has amazing benefits so what are you waiting for? Try it out!
P.S. This port contains some associate links which means I am earning a small commission on products bought through them. However I would never recommend products I don’t use or love myself!